Saturday 9 March 2013

Workout Your Skin


I've always had the best skin and very rarely got spots/white heads/black heads. And then I became a sweaty bitch at the gym, and to be frank, it's gone to shit. And I know I'm not alone.

So you know my professional sector is fashion and beauty, and I myself have a very strict skincare routine, so I thought I'd throw in a bit of my wisdom for those who are tackling skin issues due to frequent exercise. I would like to introduce you to a range that some of you may have come across before but not necessarily used: Yes To Carrots.

These are my three must haves from the range: hand and elbow cream, nourishing eye cream, and exfoliating facial cleanser. I use other brands such as Freederm and Bliss in my slightly more in-depth skincare regime, but these are some of my much-recommended favourites!

The hand and elbow cream is one not to be ignored! As much as your face may seem the problem area, your hands get some rough treatment at the gym and deserve to be looked after! Also dry spots such as your elbows and knees can get dry due to excessive sweating (yes it happens no matter how much water you drink, because I drink around three litres a day) and this lotion leaves you feeling smooth even after one use.

The nourishing eye cream is a lovely product to use just before you go to bed at night and when you wake up in the morning. When you cut excess salt out of your diet you aid the gradual disappearance of periorbital puffiness (bags) under your eyes, although when you're tired from the gym, it can leave your eyes equally as puffy. As much as the release of salt through sweat helps reduce this from happening, the nourishing eye cream is a great way to make sure that your eyes are getting the right treatment. This product is great as you feel it tightening the skin too, so you can literally feel it working. That way you're right as rain ready to work out again!

Last but not least, the exfoliating facial cleanser is great, not only because it thoroughly cleanses pores to prevent sweat from blocking them and creating blackheads and the like, but because it's mild enough to be used daily. This, again, starts taking effect on your skin from the first use, and brings impurities to the surface to then prevent future break out occurrences.

Always carry a hand towel with you at the gym to wipe away excess sweat that could be damaging your skin, and use a good brand's facial wipes before and after to cleanse your face further.

Yes To Carrots is available in the UK at all good Holland and Barrett stores or online at ASOS.
Yes To Carrots is available in France, Spain and the USA at all good Sephora stores.

DO YOU HAVE A SPECIFIC SKINCARE ROUTINE?

No comments:

Post a Comment